- Here I will guide you through the lovely Spider's Web Stitch. I use this a lot in my designs especially in the Pigeon cushion kit and here in there bracelet tutorial above.
A detail of the Pigeon Cushion showing Spider's Web Stitch seen here with Buttonhole Wheel Stitch
1. First with a knot to secure, come up through the back of your work and make a star using a simple stab stitch. I have used a five point star but it can be any amount of points you like.
2. Come up at the centre of the star, to the right hand side of the base of a point (as shown).
3. Take your thread behind and under the stitch to the right and then under the next stitch (as shown above) and drawn the thread through but do not pull tight. The thread should be a lovely close loop over that right hand stitch.
4. Repeat this over lacing movement all around the star .... always going under two stitches ....
Until you have filled the star and formed the Spider's Web!