Wednesday 18 June 2014

New Cushion kits

Nancy Nicholson new embroidery kit designs
The new Cushion kits, made up and photographed!

Nancy Nicholson new embroidery kit designs detail
Detail of above

Lovebirds panel made into cushion 50 cm x 30 cm
Lovebirds Panel (existing design) made into a cushion

Long Tail Bird Cushion kit by Nancy Nicholson
Long Tail Bird Cushion which I have made here into a cushion (60 cm x 40 cm), though the design will fit smaller 50 cm x 30 cm cushion also

Long Tail Bird Cushion kit by Nancy Nicholson Detail
Detail of Long Tail Bird

Pigeon Cushion kit by Nancy Nicholson
Pigeon cushion

Here are some first proper photographs of the new kits made up and photographed by William Lingwood from The Pixel Kitchen. The response so far has been really great! So glad they are well liked. A large order from Royal School of Needlework was so encouraging too. Now I am cooking up some more designs for later in the year. 

12 comments:

  1. <3 they look really lovely Nancy! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you lovely blog
    They are beautiful
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL ! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful - the pigeon design made me smile as I always think of pigeons as great lumpen things, compared to all the dainty chaffinches, goldfinches, and sparrows in the garden, and you've made this one quite, um, 'solid'! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Else, Thank you, yes he is very "solid", unlike the collared doves who inhabit my garden and who provide the theme tune to most of my days. They are much more delicate altogether. I have so enjoyed looking at the wonderful house in your latest blog. What an absolute treasure, thank you for sharing it. Places like this a rarity caught quietly in our rushing world. xx

      Delete
    2. Goodness, Nancy - thank you so much for having a look at my blog! It never occurs to me that anyone other than family would, hence the dire lack of postings of late...I loved that house too, and am angling for another visit to take more photos. Incidentally, we have collared doves too, which I think are lovely. I think I'm being a bit pigeonist...!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I LOVE the colors, they are so bright. Can you tell me what kind of thread did you use? Or, where can I order something like this?
    Thank you,
    Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriana
      Thank you for your kind comments ... The threads used in my kits are DMC stranded cotton. You can buy the kits from my website www.nancynicholson.co.uk
      Best wishes Nancy x

      Delete